|Home Nation World Business Opinion Lifestyle ChinAfrica Multimedia Columnists Documents Special Reports|
|Call for Entries for 2021 China-Africa Video and Photo Competition|
|Organizing Committee for the 2021 China-Africa Video and Photo Competition ·2021-05-21|
I. Introduction of the Competition
In order to enhance mutual understanding between Chinese and African people and to tell the stories of China-Africa cooperation and affinity between our peoples, the 2021 China-Africa Video and Photo Competition, jointly sponsored by the Secretariat of the Chinese Follow-up Committee of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) and China International Publishing Group (CIPG), was officially launched on May 21.
With the theme of “Friendship in Focus, Together for Future”, the competition collects videos and photos from Chinese and African people and institutions. The winning works will be displayed at the award ceremony and promoted through mainstream media in China and Africa.
II. Entry Specifications
1. Entries are divided into two categories.
Micro videos: 30 seconds to 1 minute;
Short videos: 1 minute to 5 minutes
2. The works should reflect real people and events and convey positive energy.
3. Micro videos can be shot in either horizontal or vertical format. Short videos are preferred in horizontal format.
4. The video format should be high-definition MP4; the aspect ratio should be 16:9 or 9:16; the file size should not exceed 400MB; the video should be clean without corner labels, watermarks or logos.
Photo (Collection) Group:
1. The photo works should be clear, without corner labels, watermarks or logos; landscape mode is preferred.
2. Computer synthesis processing is not allowed, but the relevant software can be used to adjust the size and color of the picture.
3. The resolution should be no less than 300dpi.
4. Each collection of works is limited to 6 photos.
1. The content of the entries should be positive and must not involve pornography, violence, religious and racial discrimination and should not be placed in advertisements.
2. Video works should be accompanied by subtitles in Chinese, English or French. Works with bilingual subtitles will be given preference. Photo works should be submitted together with a description of the work in Chinese, English or French.
III. Entry Submission
Submit the relevant works to the registration email address firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Country - Entrant’s Name - Work Name” in the email title, and attach the entry form (need to download). The video works that meet the requirements can also be uploaded to a network drive and the link and password of the network drive can be sent by email. Baidu Netdisk is recommended in China and Google Drive is recommended in other countries.
African micro video participants can upload their works through the topic page in Vskit platform with hashtag #2021ChinaAfricaVideo&PhotoCompetition.
IV. Schedule of the Competition
May 21, 2021: Launch of the Competition
May 21 – July 20, 2021: Collection of Works
August 1 – August 20, 2021: Online voting and expert evaluation of shortlisted works
Early September 2021: Awards Ceremony
V. Dissemination of Works
Outstanding works will be promoted on the following platforms (not limited to):
1. Displayed at the award ceremony of the 2021 China-Africa Video and Photo Competition.
2. Promoted by Chinese embassies and consulates in Africa; released on the domestic and international media platforms under CIPG.
3. Broadcast by authoritative partners in China and Africa
4. Released on platforms such as Yangshipin, Vskit and Scooper.
VI. Award Setting
The competition will select 90 finalists from the collected works. Based on the results of expert review and online voting, the awards will be as follows:
1. One special prize for video group (including micro videos and short videos) and one special prize for photo group (collection), with a prize of RMB 10,000;
2. Micro video, short video, photo (collection) group: 2 first prize winners (6 in total), with a prize of 5,000 yuan each; 4 second prize winners (12 in total), with a prize of 3,000 yuan each; 6 third prize winners (18 in total), with a prize of 1,000 yuan each;
3. There will be one prize for the Highest Popularity Award, one for the Best Editing Award, one for the Best Creativity Award and one for the Best Visual Effect Award, with a prize of 2,000 yuan each.
4. For the relevant participating groups or organizations, there will be 10 awards for the organization of the event, with a prize of 2,000 yuan each.
5. There will be 50 Friendship Award winners from other shortlisted works, who will receive certificates and prizes.
1. The submitted works must be created by the participating people (organizations) and have full copyright.
2. If any dispute arises with regard to copyright, trademark right, reputation right and any other legal rights and interests related to the work, the consequences and losses shall be borne by the people (organizations) submitting the entry.
3. The right of dissemination, exhibition, and publication of the submitted works belongs to the organizing committee of the competition. The organizer and relevant units have the right to promote, display and publicize the submitted works. The organizer will indicate the name of the entrant and other relevant information when using the submitted works. The people (organizations) submitting the entry agree to transfer the intellectual property rights of their works (except the right of attribution) to the organizer when they submit their works.
4. The final right of interpretation of this competition belongs to China International Publish Group.
VIII. Selection Rules
The award-winning works of the competition shall be decided by the opinions of a jury and online voting. The jury is composed of the competition organizers, senior figures, experts and scholars, etc., and is responsible for the evaluation of the entries.
Please click on the link to download Entry Registration Form for 2021 China-Africa Video and Photo Competition
|About Us | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | Subscribe|
|Copyright Beijing Review All rights reserved 京ICP备08005356号-5 京公网安备110102005860号|