In order to enhance the mutual understanding between Chinese and African youth, ChinAfrica under BEIJING REVIEW is holding the First CHINAFRICA Short Video Competition with the theme of “China Through My Eyes.” The competition details are as follows:
1. Competition Period: September 19 – November 15, 2019
(1) Entry Submission: September 19 – October 18, 2019
(2) Initial Screening: October 19 – October 24, 2019
(3) Voting: October 25 – November 1, 2019
(4) Selection and Ranking: November 2 – November 8, 2019
(5) Results Announcement: November 9 – November 15, 2019
(6) Award Ceremony: November 15, 2019
Center for African Studies, Peking University
Institute of Communication Studies, Communication University of China
School of Chinese Studies, Dalian University of Foreign Languages
School of International Education, University of International Business and Economics
Center for International Education, Beijing Jiaotong University
3. Who Can Enter
African students in China; Young African professionals in China
4. Competition Process
Competition Launch → Video Collection → Video Initial Screening → Video Online Display → Online Voting → Expert Evaluation → Results Announcement → Award Ceremony:
(1) Competition launch, video online display, online voting and expert evaluation results are published via the official weibo account of ChinAfrica;
(2) Participants send their personal information (name, occupation, nationality, contact information) and their video works to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
(3) The organizer will conduct an initial screening of video submissions, during which unqualified entries will be eliminated.
(4) Online voting and expert evaluation will have a weightage of 4:6 in the final results of the competition. Based on the comprehensive score, nine works will be shortlisted, from which the first, second and third prize winners will be selected.
(5) The award ceremony will be held in China International Publishing Group. All the video producers, expert judges and organizers will be invited to attend the Award Ceremony, and awards and prizes will be presented during the ceremony.
5. Video Requirements:
The theme of the video should be distinctive, relevant and appealing, and should fully reflect what young Africans have seen and heard during their study, work or life in China. The video duration should be no more than 3 minutes. The work should be original with clear graphics and a resolution of no less than 1920×1080. Participants can choose to use Chinese, English or French as language of the video. If participants use English or French, Chinese subtitles should be included. The video can be in AVI, MOV, MP4 and MPEG format. It is recommended that the size of a single video does not exceed 500M.
(Note: Video copyright will belong to the video producer, and the organizer shall have the right to use the video)
First Prize (1 work): 2,000 yuan RMB
Second Prize (3 works): 1,500 yuan RMB each
Third Prize (5 works): 1,000 yuan RMB each
Organization Award (5 prizes): 1,000 yuan RMB each
All the finalists will receive a gift from ChinAfrica.